Save water, refuse plastic, choose natural ingredients, protect animals and the oceans. These are clear benefits for the Planet and for you. Just follow simple 6 steps to an easy and sustainable personal care routine.
An adult should take 10,000 steps per day to keep fit and healthy, right? So taking 6 steps to an effective personal care routine can be so easy and simple for you and the Planet. Once you wake up for a new day, you have a brand new opportunity to celebrate life and Mother Earth.
Conscious decisions happen early in the morning and set the tone for the day. Your self-care routine is unique and individual as you are, woman or man. We just want to make it simple, easier and eco-friendly all the way. So, be mindful of our environmental alerts and green tips to make your difference!
1. Drink Water
Water is crucial to keep your body working correctly. There is water in every cell of the body, from the brain to the teeth.So, basic care starts with keeping your largest organ hydrated: your skin, which needs 70-75% of water to work properly.
First things first: drink a glass of water as soon as you jump out of bed. And throughout the day, make sure you take enough fluids according to your age, sex, weight, physical activity, health, and climate where you live. Use a water reminder to keep a daily tracker. And after that first glass of water, you can wash your face.
2. Wash your face
During the night and throughout the day, dead skin cells form on the surface of your skin. Dirt, oils, and impurities collect there, too. So it is important to cleanse your skin, daily.
Our Floral Cleansing Water is the perfect multi-purpose 3-in-1: toner, make-up remover, and eau-de toilette. Its finest organic and natural ingredients are key to lift impurities, gently cleanse your skin and remove makeup without any addition of oil or alcohol. And you’ll feel a fresh, sweet, and natural scent that will set the best mood for your day or lead you to a good night's rest.
- The Floral Cleansing Water is made of 100% ingredients from organic farming.
- It is locally produced, in Portugal, thus reducing the carbon footprint and climate impact.
Cleansing ritual works best if you pair it with Reusable Cleaning Pads.
- Did you know that it takes about 20 liters of water to produce each single-use cotton pad? Yeah, cotton pads and balls contribute to the huge volume of waste produced by the beauty industry every year.
Cotton pads don’t fully decompose so they end up flowing into the ocean, thus harming sea life. Whereas, reusable cotton pads are far more eco-friendly.
- Depending on the way you use your Reusable Cleaning Pads, they can be washed up to 500 times.
3. Shower & Hydrate
Beware that not showering dailyis not a public health menace. Your bathing routine can change during winter and summer. It all depends on your health condition and level of physical activity.
Truth be told that showering everyday helps people to meet social standards of cleanliness and personal appearance. But a normal, healthy skin keeps a balance of good bacteria and other microorganisms which create protective antibodies to environmental exposures. And most importantly it helps save a lot of water.
- The average showerhead uses 12 litres of water per minute. Be mindful of short showers (maximum of four minutes - we suggest playing this songand stop before it ends. Don’t you feel good? 😀
When you need to wash your hair you can add three extra minutes to the shower. Also, switch to The Bam&Boo soap bars and shampoo and conditioner bars to reduce plastic, protect your skin and the environment. To wrap up this ritual, the one-and-only Hydrating Body Cream with a whipped texture that leaves a delicious tropical scent all around you. It feels like Summer all year long.
- Organic and natural ingredients made locally in Portugal.
- One shampoo bar equals 2 bottles of liquid shampoo.
- One conditioner bar equals 2 regular bottles of liquid conditioner.
- Our soap bars packaging is completely recyclable.
- Reuse or recycle: your choice! The Bam&Boo Body Hydrating Cream comes in a reusable aluminium tin. Take note that aluminium is infinitely recyclable. Plus recycling aluminum saves more than 90% of the energy needed to make new aluminium.
4. Moisturise & Protect
Once you have cleansed your skin, it’s time to seal in all those amazing ingredients with the perfect Hydrating Facial Cream. Its natural origin formula sinks right into any skin type delivering up to 24h of hydration. It’s rich but not greasy. And it offers a refreshing sensation.
Sunscreen is non-negotiable. You need to protect your skin from the day ahead. Never ditch this step in your everyday personal care, Summer or Winter. Why? Simple: Sunscreen works like an armour for your skin cells against the outside world, namely harmful UV rays.
Knowing that the Sun is responsible for 80% of premature aging, won’t you apply SPF everyday to prevent and protect your face and all body skin? Check this 100% vegan, natural and ocean-friendly sunscreen here.
- Reuse or recycle: your choice! The Facial Hydrating Cream comes in a reusable aluminium tin.
5. Floss & Brush
Oral care is part of your everyday personal care. This is one routine you mustn’t skip: floss and brush your teeth. In this order. And at least twice a day, in the morning and before going to bed. Likewise showering can save water and it’s not harmful for your oral health. Learn more in our quick guide to an eco-friendly oral care routine here.
- A running tap while brushing wastes around 6 litres per minute.
- Plastic toothbrushes sit around 1000 years to finally break down and in the meantime they destroy marine life.
- Many toothpastes include potential toxic chemicals in their list of ingredients.
Our best-seller Bamboo Toothbrush in 100% organic and natural bamboo comes in lovely colours and teams up with the World’s First Natural and Vegan Toothpasteto ensure Total Action effect, preventing caries and plaque as well as leaving a fresh minty breath.
- The Bam&Boo Toothbrush and Toothpaste are both climate neutral certified products.
- We compensate for CO2 for each toothbrush sold by planting one tree per day.
- Reuse or recycle: our cute Dental Floss comes in a glass container and the Toothpaste Tabs in aluminium tin.
6. Smile & Be grateful
Your daily self-care routine is only complete with your shining smile. And we also recommend taking a few moments in a quiet and cozy place to write down 5 things (a handful) you are grateful for as you rise & shine or in the evening before going to bed. Be sure to include your love for Mother Earth 💚
Feel free to leave your comments below. We would love to hear your experience, ideas and tips. Join our community!
Leave a comment (all fields required)