What is a bamboo toothbrush made of?
Bamboo is the handle’s material, which is 100% organic, biodegradable, and naturally antibacterial. The bristles of our The Bam&Boo bamboo toothbrush are made of nylon 6 BPA free. Learn more here
Our bamboo toothbrush is made of bamboo, obviously. The Bam&Boo bamboo toothbrushes are 96% natural, cruelty-free, and vegan. However, as you might imagine, Both the bristles are also part of a toothbrush, and this accounts for less than 5% of our non-natural product.
We also looked for a better, more natural replacement for our bristles but unfortunately, nylon was still the best option. Pig hairs are also an option for a full natural toothbrush, and that would make our toothbrush 100% natural, but we prefer to be completely vegan.
We wanted our whole product to be ecological, including packaging. So the toothbrush comes in a kraft paper bag. The outer box is made from 100% paper carton and is also biodegradable.
Our bamboo toothbrushes are 96% natural, cruelty-free and vegan.
We love bamboo because it is totally organic and wild. Take note of its amazing qualities and benefits:
- Fast-growing - Bamboo is technically a kind of grass, and it grows like grass, sometimes up to three or four feet in one day. This means that there's lots of it, and when it's harvested it grows itself back again quickly enough not to leave a dent in the ecosystem.
- Absorbs CO2 - Bamboo absorbs greenhouse gases, and releases 35% more oxygen into the atmosphere than trees.
- It keeps alive while serving us - Bamboo roots remain in place after harvesting, thereby preventing soil erosion and retaining nutrients for the next crop.
- Chemically untouched - It is completely natural. No chemicals needed. No pesticides.
- Job provision - Wherever it grows, it is vital to the local economy and to the local culture. In China, bamboo is known as 'the friend of the people'.
- Surprising strength - It is a whopping 34% harder than white oak, and 2.5. times more stable than commonly used wood.
What are bamboo toothbrush bristles made from?
What toothbrushes are best?
How long can I use my bamboo toothbrush?
How do I keep my bamboo toothbrush clean?
Can I boil a bamboo toothbrush?
Do bamboo toothbrushes get moldy?
Do bamboo toothbrushes harbor bacteria?