Do bamboo toothbrushes harbor bacteria?
Of course! Bamboo toothbrushes harbor bacteria. Did you think that all those germs would go down the drain every time you brush? Some go but others remain. Hey, there’s no reason to panic, as long as you remember to clean your bamboo toothbrush thoroughly and keep a healthy daily oral care.
Bacteria and germs are part of our lives. Our bodies have natural mechanisms to fight them efficiently. And what happens in our mouth does affect the whole body. So never underestimate your dental health and oral care.
Bamboo toothbrushes as plastic toothbrushes are a fertile breeding ground for a number of microorganisms. The problem is when there is an imbalance in the amount of unhealthy bacteria versus the number of healthy ones. So you better take some precautions.
Be aware that these bacteria originate not only from our mouths but also from the environment where the toothbrushes are stored. Here are some guidelines to keep your bamboo toothbrush and most of all to maximize your dental health.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly your bamboo toothbrush after each use.
- Store your bamboo toothbrush upright in the open air (far and away from the toilet!)
- Wash regularly the cup or holder where you store your bamboo toothbrush.
- Avoid keeping your bamboo toothbrush in a closed cabinet.
- When using a travel case, remember to dry the bamboo toothbrush very well.
- Never share your bamboo toothbrush! Make sure you have different colours. We have such nice options with different hashtags that can identify each family member.
- Soak your bamboo toothbrush in antibacterial mouthwash once in a while.
- Flossingbefore brushing pushes away those nasty germs where bristles can’t fully reach.
- Replace your bamboo toothbrush every 3-4 months, or sooner if you notice the bristles have become frayed with use.
Finally, along with the regular bamboo toothbrush maintenance, remember to eat right and do regular check-ups. Small actions leading to a healthier smile.
What is a bamboo toothbrush made of?
What are bamboo toothbrush bristles made from?
What toothbrushes are best?
How long can I use my bamboo toothbrush?
How do I keep my bamboo toothbrush clean?
Can I boil a bamboo toothbrush?
Do bamboo toothbrushes get moldy?