How do I keep my bamboo toothbrush clean?
In order to keep your bamboo toothbrush clean you just need to rinse, dry and store it properly. It might look obvious but it’s like a mindfulness invitation in your oral care routine.
- Rinse the bristles with tap water, after brushing your teeth, to remove food debris and toothpaste foam.
- Dry the bamboo handle and the bristles with a towel.
- Store the bamboo toothbrush in a vented cup to avoid a pool of water at the bottom, which will create moldy effect.
Be reminded that plastic is impenetrable and bamboo is porous. Therefore a bamboo toothbrush gets darken easily after daily use if you don’t follow these 3 easy steps. We are confident that you’ll get in this eco-friendly habit in the twinkling of an eye.
Besides this daily care routine of your bamboo toothbrush, you may also try other cleaning tips. But note that there’s not clinical evidence that these natural methods are flawless.
- Boiling the bamboo toothbrush
- Disinfecting with vinegar or baking soda. In fact, is there anything that these two green ingredients do not clean? You just need to mix the water, baking soda and vinegar in a cup. Place the bamboo toothbrush head down, with bristles into the liquid. Allow the mixture to work its magic for around 15 minutes. And finally rinse the bamboo toothbrush under running water, rinse it and dry it thoroughly.
We would only recommend these methods when you decide to upcycle your worn-out toothbrush and reuse it.
Another important tip for you to know is that using a cap to protect toothbrush bristles is an urban myth. Meaning that instead of actually protecting the bristles it leads to growth of opportunistic microorganisms. It’s easy to understand that a cover maintains a moist environment and potentially breeds bacteria. So, the best way is to let the bamboo toothbrush air-dry upright or lying in a nice pebble.
Warning tip: Never put your bamboo toothbrush in the dishwasher or microwave, intending to destroy germs.
What is a bamboo toothbrush made of?
What are bamboo toothbrush bristles made from?
What toothbrushes are best?
How long can I use my bamboo toothbrush?
Can I boil a bamboo toothbrush?
Do bamboo toothbrushes get moldy?
Do bamboo toothbrushes harbor bacteria?